Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I no longer own a truck.

For over a decade I have owned a pick-up. Today I sold the vechicle I have owned longer than any other vechicle ever. $325. So... I no longer own a pick up. We are now a one vechicle family. Am I sad?

I will miss laying in the bed counting stars and airplanes with my oldest. Today he asked me "Dad, how will we haul the trash?" in his still recovering speaky no adenoids voice. The big girl said "Dad, we need you to have a truck!" So they are dreaming of a white one. I am dreaming of less vechicle costs, and preparing to ride my bike if neccesary.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I feel your pain. We are down to just the van right now. When did I stop being a cool young person and turn into a minivan-driving mama?

rev rock said...

you've always got mine!

Topherspoon said...

Right on Rev! That possibility was actually part of my decision. It will feel wierd to be on the other side of the "Can I borrow Your Truck?" conversation... but I know where you live!