Friday, March 30, 2007

"How do you say that...Rwanda?"

Today was "Dodgeball for Rwanda". I know my last post took on a bit of a negative connotation. So, I would like to ignore the challenges of "Dodgeball for Rwanda" and share some of the positive sucesses of today!

We had over 30 students hanging out at our church today, throwing balls at each other to raise money and awareness for World Vision and the AIDS crisis in Africa. I know of at least five different churches that were represented from two different cities. Thanks to everybody who helped promote the event.

The best part of the day was when a student from Bridges showed up and said, "I wanna play. Yeah, this is cool! Dodgeball for... how do you say that...Rwanda". "yeah, that's it!" His buddy says. Small steps are good. Perhaps knowing how to say "Rwanda" is an important step in learning how to love Rwanda. May it be so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Who was that, Chris?

Journeyman