Saturday, January 10, 2009

Becoming more Prophetic

Have you ever driven through a neighborhood with an intense burden to pray for it?

Maybe decided to have church right next to it and try to explain the coincidence away that it is called the sanctuary?

Walked through the same neighborhood at night, passing out invitations, because it would be too hot during the day?

Wondered if you were still where you were supposed to be?

I did all these things. Today I was invited to watch football with a young family that lives there. She's from Socal. They have two kids. He works in the small package delivery business, some company called UPS. She's a beauty college student, same school as my wife. Coincidence? Maybe. But, I don't think so.

Today, I am once again hopeful.

Anybody else down with being a relational/contextual missionary in the suburbs?

No comments: