Monday, December 22, 2008

Success...Sort of!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Carla, Liz, my wife (who doesn't blog yet...maybe 2009), and others who have helped tremendously in my most recent gainful employment expeditions.

Today I have good news to report. Evidently the better qualified person didn't work out for even one day... so they called me. I am now the Shuttle Driver/ Banquet Man for the Hampton Inn - Airport North. I work Thursday and Friday nights every week. Yes, I get to work on Christmas day. Goodie! I am very happy about this; not because it will allow me to meet all of our financial obligations and live an abundant life, but because it will be a workable stop gap measure so we don't hit crisis while I go through the lengthy process of finding a real professional 8-5 job. Who knows, maybe my teddy bear like smile and irresistible personality will produce outrageously large tips and I'll get rich working two days a week. It could happen. Either way, there are some good options and I am encouraged.

Just wanted to say thank you to the TTSM readers for your thoughts and prayers, and for allowing me to share life with you! Many folks in our church and other circles are currently looking for work...it reminds me to be thankful for the many blessings I've received. Hope you do the same. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Father - I thank you for this supernatural intervention to provide for my brother, his wife, and family a stop gap job. I pray for his safety while he is on the road, and ask that you use him to be a living witness to all he comes into contact with.

Let your blessings continue to fall on him, and increase the number of families that attend the fellowship there in Avondale.

With Chris, I want to Praise you Father for being in the midst of this job search, and while we know this is merely a stop gap job, I pray that it provide him tremendous experience while he works there.

You are a great God, and we thank you for answering our prayers in such magnificent way. Truly, You opened this door, and only You can close it.

Pastor Paul