Saturday, July 26, 2008

Abundant Life

"...I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly" - John 10:10

I remember watching a VHS of Mark Lowry when I was a kid. He described the ups and downs of life using a wavy motion with his hands. He then went on to the describe the abundant life of a christian using the same but much bigger wavy motion with his hands.

Is that the best we get? higher highs? lower lows? I feel like I am at an abundant low. A messy pit I may never really climb out of. At the same time I feel like I'm racing to a peak and am hopeful it doesnt "peak" but keeps climbing. Make sense?

Perhaps the good shepherd is calling us to a way that is not just bigger, but also different, and also infinetly better. I long to know his voice, to experience his means of grace, and to share it with others. May it be so.

No comments: