Sunday, June 15, 2008

Misconceptions...

Moving to a growing area would be an easy place to plant a church.
I never thought this would be easy but articles like this make me think it's hard times for folks here, and it probably won't get better any time soon.

$3.oo is an outrageous price for gas.
It's sick that I would be willing to hurt someone to pay this "little" again. I never would of imagined a national average over $4. This plus the credit crunch partly caused by the mortage crisis, have made it a little bit easier to "walk by faith, not by sight". I don't have a choice.

It's a dry heat.
Where I live it's Hot. I left for the airport Saturday morning at 1:30am. It was 90 degrees outside... AT 1:30AM! To make it worse the A/C's not working at our house. It's supposed to be 113 today. Thank God for property management. I hope they get it working before homegroup tonight.

I've never been one to cry "attack of the enemy, attack of the enemy". And I always thought there was some sadistic oddness to the idea that "we must be doing something right, because look at all the devil is doing to thwart us" (Where does that word come from? thwart?). But lately, I've been identifying with those thoughts. Also, realizing this adventure is really about trusting Jesus. And still feeling extremely priveledged to answer his call, and to taste, even in a small dose, the danger of truley following him. This church planting thing... it's the wildest ride I've ever been on.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY everyone. Remember it's the Lord's Day.

No comments: