Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Driving in the Snow

For most of my life I have spent Martin Luther King day in the San Bernadino Mountains. I have spent more Martin Luther King Days playing in the snow than I have doing anything else. After several years of planning a "snow trip" and being frustrated with what became a mountain top shopping day and picnic at a park with out snow, we have in recent years charged big bucks to go to the place that makes the snow. Yesterday, that wasn't neccesary. Students paid $20 bucks to spend 4 hours on a 1974 Crown bus, 3 hours in the snow, another 90 minutes in the bus, dinner break at Burger King, and then another hour in the bus. I, being the bus driver, was a little bit frustrated. Funniest thing I over-heard... Two middle school girls, talking to two freshmen guys.
Girls: So are you guys like geeks.
Guys: We're not geeks, You're just not that smart.
Wow! What would Jesus Do? I had to laugh.

No comments: