Wednesday, January 24, 2007

State of my soul...

So this week started rough. Two broken down buses last week, both vandalised, while sitting on the side of the road. Spoke four times on Sunday. Did my first funeral yesterday. Three kids, one wife, and myself all with upset stomachs. Things are getting better.

Ask any youth pastor, and they will share a similair experience about when they speak in "big church", (I mean to the entire congregation as opposed to "just students"). Number one difference... Way more attaboys. I actually had a student come up to me after my message two weeks ago and share how "it really ministered" to him. After I picked myself up off the floor I thanked him and was able to pray with him directly to his circumstance. But this is far from the norm. All that to say, adults are generally way more flattering than students, and us "youth pastors" are never really sure what to do with that. I was very thankful to speak on a sunday that was not a "oneafta" . (By this I mean the "oneafta" Christmas, or the "oneafta" Thanksgiving, or the "oneafta" New Years. In my circles these are typical Youth Pastor Gets to Speak in Big Church Sundays.) Anyways, it's over and so is the funeral. The buses are back home, running, glass replaced, and graffitti soon to be removed. My stomach feels much better and so far, breakfast is still there. I did get paid for the funeral and that is always nice! :)

Looking forward to the rest of the week! Hey, now that I think about it, Sunday was the "oneafta" Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

No comments: