Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cutting Edge...

is a free publication put out by vineyard. It's also one of the magazines I normally read cover to cover as soon as it arrives. Recently while cleaning my office I found the recent winter edition unopened and unread. Adey Wassink has a feature titled dealing with the emotional ups and downs of church growth. It resonates with where I'm at...

"It is hard. It is really, really hard but it never diminshes the fact that it's this enormous privledge that we are given. No one is forcing me to pastor this community. Jesus Christ invited me to partner with him to see his kingdom established in my city. This is an unmerited gift of the father."

She says some other things that cause me to be hopeful...

"We did realize...there were people like us looking for the kind of church we were trying to build, and that if we could just keep at it long enough, they'd find us and we'd find them. It was very encouraging...to realize Jesus had put something in us that, if expressed, would draw others to him in the same way we had been drawn ."

What are your thoughts?

No comments: