Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Sweet Part of Riverside

According to Yahoo Weather it is about 23 degrees cooler today in Riverside than it is here in Avondale. Still the barely 100 degrees today feels kinda cool compared to the heat we've been expercing.

Generally speaking, I am having the time of my life here in Phoenix. For all the difficulty, and challenges, I'm glad I live here. We've revived old friendships and made new ones. We are 20 Minutes away from downtown Phoenix but closer to some daries with real live cows. From my roof I can see University of Phoenix Stadium and P.I.R. Kids ride their bikes here, and play in the parks, just not barefoot... ouch, ouch, ouch. It's a pretty cool place to live. I love it here and could never go back to where we came from.

Our time in So-Cal was sweet though, and we miss it; the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the Beach, Donut shops, and Disneyland. I'm also thankful for some very special people I know because of Riverside...and thankful that through the WWW we stay in touch. There's two people I'd encourage you to get to know; they live in my sidebar, under places I visit...

Dan - is really writing a book called Born in the Pew. Dan is one of the few people I know who are more qualified than me to write this book. Some of the things he's sharing are worth chimimg in on.

Daley - can't decide if he wants to be a photographer or a rock star. Most people laugh when I say this until they realize both are sustainable options for this talented young man. Help him out on his road trip YO! He's even coming through PHX.

No comments: