Thursday, May 1, 2008

In case you were wondering...

The new church is doing well. Last month we were with-in $100 of covering all of our expenses (excluding my salary). The whole valley is not saved yet, and there is less than a million dollars in the bank, but I am hopefully optimistic that what God has begun, He will be faithful to complete. I belive very soon we will see fruit (like those who live outside of the church being impacted by the gospel), and I am hopeful for increased attendance and financial stability. Last week was a kinda cool disaster. Worship included the guitar and keyboard in different keys, a run away drummer doing his own thing, and a very distracted sound guy messing it up worse. The kids class had play dough being thrown and junior high boys being a real thorn in the teachers side. If all of this wasn't enough, after church we had a first grader make a false alarm call to 911 that no one knew about until the police showed up. It felt like we were having real, mature, church issues. Honestly, we are shooting for the quality, polished, well done presentation of truth, and I am almost at the point where I can laugh about Sunday. For now, I am thankful for the process and the grace being shared with in our growing core group.


This is what I'm reading...




This is what I'm listening to

No comments: