Thursday, December 6, 2007

Planning.

I'm always getting in trouble for not planning ahead, especially at the church where I work. When the monthly service schedule came out I saw that I would be preaching on December 8th... during the PM. Three weeks ago I was told I probably wouldn't be... kinda a bad rub seeing as I was going to be replaced by a prayer meeting (Not that there's anything wrong with prayer meetings). Today I was told I was on. Two days to prep. (No hard feelings towards JDF, who's probably putting some pieces together).

I have natural abilities in the "fly by the seat of my pants" department, and everyone who works with me knows it. If there's something that got forgot or needs to be done tonight, or RIGHT NOW, it's my phone that rings. I'm really ok being that guy...just don't be pissed when I don't plan stuff six months in advance. I'm not really the six months in advance guy. I'm working on it. I'm just not there yet.

No comments: