Monday, October 15, 2007

Sabbath

So my non reverend buddy Rev Rock has made a public commitment to do better at honoring the sabbath. And as part of that commitment he blogs about them. And as a hopeful fantasy that I might practice this better I anxiously check his blog multiple times on sunday looking for an update. And I've tried to do the same but much less regularly. See here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
So I haven't done too many lately... Saturday was nice. The wife was away so I was playing Mr. Mom. Woke up to wet ground outside which meant the morning's PONY baseball event was canceled. Played dominos with the boy (he's actually very good), and then with the girls when they woke up. Served up Cereal for everyone and lounged around till late morning. Took a long hot shower and got all three kids dressed. Moved the church buses away from the potential sink hole (it's a long story, see previous post). Went to Shakeys for Lunch-Bunch. Scored some free tokens from coach stanley, which we transformed to tickets and then into small animal erasors.
FUNNIEST PART OF MY DAY: I'm driving home and #2 says "Dad, the erasors nose is IN my nose". Yes she had broken off a piece and somehow lodged it in her nostril. I am so stoked I got it out with a mini-screw driver and did not have to visit Kaiser Permamente. Took naps. I love my chair. Played outside. I love my fence. Went to Blockbuster, Everyone should try this on a Saurday night with three toddlers. Got fast food dinner for the kids, I was still stuffed from Shakeys. Gave the kids bathes. Watched a video with the kids. Read books (Good stuff like "The little Red Caboose"). The wife came home. Kids greeted mom. Put kids down to sleep.
Watched Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer with the wife.

I think Rev says parenting by yourself doesn't count as rest but this was the closest I've got in several saturdays. The Fantastic Four sequel was terrible, but if that's the worst part of my day, who can complain. Tomorrow we head to AZ for vacation with family and friends. I'm anxious in a good way.

3 comments:

rev rock said...

Thanks for keeping up with this. Sounds like you had a great day. I like when we can share the good parts and the parts we stink at.

rev rock said...

I've noticed...I apologize

Topherspoon said...

Forgiven man. I've got broad shoulders and thick skin. Sorry for questioning your salvation.